Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello!

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Heather and I have FINALLY decided to start my own blog. YAY. This blog is geared towards Life,motherhood, beauty, fashion, and yes, DIY.


Anyways, this is my first post and since I just received my very first Birchbox, I thought I would write about my somewhat disappointment. Okay so I found out about the Birchbox on Pinterest and decided it looked pretty cool and I wanted to try it. Well, it arrived today and upon opening I was somewhat deflated (LOL).
The box. Note:It ships in a pink box. :)









(These pictures were all taken after I had opened everything)
Welcome to Birchbox!





DEscriptions of the products you have just recieved.




·         C.O. Bigelow- Shampoo and Conditioner. It smells like what it says, a mix of lavender and peppermint. I honestly cannot decide if I like the smell or not… I think I would use it more for the aromatherapy. I have not used it yet and I really can’t say if I will.


·         Jouer- Moisturizing lip gloss in Birchbox pink. Ok, this is a VERY small little lip gloss. It does give your lips moisture, at first, I feel like my lips seem dryer after the lip gloss has worn off. The color is VERY pink! If you only put one light layer on it is significantly less pink and looks quite nice. Worth trying in a shade that is more me. J


·         Juicy Couture- Viva La Juicy. Ok, I love Juicy Couture but I was disappointed that Birchbox sent me a sample that I could probably have gotten at the mall for FREE. Oh well, I will still put this tiny sample to use.


·         Zoya- Nail polish in Kristen. This was by far my FAV product out of the January box. It is a bluish gray color that is young and fun. A full size is .5 fl oz and this sample was .25 fl oz, so a pretty good deal. I will def. be purchasing Zoya nail polish in the near future. LOVE.


·         For my EXTRA I received a LARABAR, let’s just say, at first I thought this was a soap bar. Haha oops. I was very reluctant to eat something that had been mailed to me but I decided to open it to take a TINY bite but it looked pretty unappetizing and smelled pretty gross. I threw it away without tasting it.
What's inside.







My Fav product from this box. The color on my nails is the color I received .





Overall, I am fairly disappointed in Birchbox and have heard I am not the only one who feels this way. I have yet to decide if I will continue to order Birchbox but, I have decided to order My Glam Bag. I will let you know how that is once I receive my first one.





That is all for today. I will be back to show off my latest fashion D.I.Y!

Love,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment