Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March MyGlam Review

Hello, 
I received my March bag a couple of weeks ago and have not had a chance to share with you. As I said before, if I was disappointed in this month's bag I would be cancelling my sub, well I was pretty disappointed. Let's start with the bag itself, I threw it out, the smell was HORRIBLE! In my bag I received; pur-lisse pur-lip comfort(Full size!), Pur-lisse Pur-protect daily moisturizer(sample), Keracolor natural shampoo and leave-in treatment(sample size), Murad eye lift perfector(sample), a brush case that says MyGlam with a blending brush, and a Dermstore coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase. I think receiving sample sized products is the most disappointing since MyGlam claims you get at LEAST 4-5 DELUXE size samples a month, the samples I received are not deluxe and are something you could expect from a magazine ad or something along those lines. Even though I was fairly disappointed I was happy I got one full sized product that is worth my money. 




                              Sorry I don't have any pics of the bag, it just smelled so I tossed it asap.
Okay, now for the product break down...


Pur-lisse Pur-lip Comfort- I am so glad I got this over the other options they had, I really like this product. These products are made in the USA and don't contain all the gross chemicals a lot of other products have in them. This lip cream has a pleasant scent that I am quite fond of, the texture is creamy and does not make your lips sticky. Overall it moisturizes well and I would def. buy this product. 


Pur-lisse Pur-Protect- This is a daily moisturizer with sun protection. I have not used this product yet as I am on a skin routine to try and control my dry skin and break outs but I do plan on eventually try this. I love that it is free of parabens and other chemicals. The size of this sample may prevent me from being able to get a good feel for this product and as a result I probably will not purchase this product in the future. 


Murad Eye Lift Perfector- I have yet to use this sample as well, I was completely unsure of what it was until I read on Dermstore that it is a "slightly tinted under-eye, anti-aging formula." I don't know that I will try this product, I am young and not really concerned with using anti-aging products just yet. 


Keracolor Shampoo and leave-in treatment- I LOVED this shampoo, although there was not enough in the sample to wash my whole head of hair properly, I really liked it. It left my hair shinier and soft. Both of these products are supposed to enhance your color and natural highlights. I have not used the leave in treatment yet but I plan on trying it soon. I would buy this shampoo if it was sold in my area, for sure!


The brush and case don't really need a review as well as the coupon. :) I happily used the coupon and will be letting you know in a later post what I bought. 


After the disappointment of this month's bag, I am considering going back to Birchbox..maybe. 


Thanks for reading. 


Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment